Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why do Millons read CraigsList Personals?
This is amazing!
Ya know, I read these almost every other day. And I see a lot of the same stuff. I would never define myself as masculine, I would never define myself as professional, I would never define myself as hung, I would never define myself as built, I would never say I'm into walks along the beach and the blah blah blah, NOT any of this stuff. I'm not any of those. But for the right person... I'm the best person you've ever not met yet... I'm a very stably-unstable 34yo queer guy, viciously intelligent, incredibly fun and happy, but dark at times, dancing that delicate line betwixt knowing more than I should and realizing that I still have to live here and learn more than I care to know. Someone who can, in a single bus ride, see the darkest and brightest of humanity in it's various passengers. Someone who see's through life's silly illusions, but falls prey to a lot of them all the time. Someone who's empathy both makes him incredibly sad, but also let's him see the brightest side of humanity's future. Hmmm... You too? Then, read on! What do I want? Doesn't seem that much of a tall order, but the more I travel through life I'm starting to realize it might be rare indeed... You don't abide by life and society's rules, but squeak by when you need to on your charm and wits. You *GET* the following things: This is all we get, there's no hereafter, we're just really evolved apes with opposable thumbs, that can be stuck in places. Humanity is on a crash-course towards oblivion and we'll be lucky if we take less than half of the other species on the planet with us on our way out, but still believe that there might be some hope for us to co-exist peacefully. Monogamy is a construct, passed down to us by our more puritanical heirs, and our insecurity is the thing that makes us desire this commitment so much, all the while realizing it would be nice to have someone in your "pack" that you could absolutely count on when the chips are down. You have a moral code of things that you will and will not allow yourself to do, and when you cross or get close to that line, you actually stop to think about what you've done and the reasons that drove you to it. You haven't recently defined yourself by terms like "butch" or "masculine" or "professional" just cuz you see these 'tags' as what they are. You get mad about social justice issues but pick your battles because there's a better fight coming down the road... You're smart, but somewhat undereducated, because you know we'll never know everything we're supposed to. You make your own jokes and find them really, really funny, because damnit, if you can't then who the hell will? Preferably, you've found a way to exist within capitalism by at least earning your paper with numbers printed on them by being of service of others, but trust me, even if you work for the "man", just knowing that they are only paper with numbers printed on them is more than I could have ever hoped for. Sexually you think of yourself as flexible, and not stuck in a top/bottom dichotomy, but rather relish the ways we can both talk to each other and give each other the greatest pleasure imaginable by this old fashioned thing called communicating. Most importantly, you haven't been "waiting" for an ad like this, but are somewhat relieved that you're not quite as alone as you thought you were... ya know? And here's my 47 disclaimers. Well, not actually 47,,, My path through life has left me exactly where I am. With me eschewing money, we're not going to Tahiti anytime soon, I work a couple of jobs, and that leaves me sometimes a bit broke, but always generous. Being frustrated with my own state in life, and that of humanity, I tend to drink and smoke a bit more than I should, but nothing I can't handle fluidically. My clothes or job description will never impress anyone, but luckily that won't really matter to you. I live life with little armor on, and as such, get hurt fairly easily and often. But I always bounce back. You too? What you are down for? Well... anything fun really, cuz' we only get "this" day once. Maybe a bike ride somewhere fun, basking in the sun listening to nature, being among fellow humans at some fundraiser/beer bust/random coagulation of humans, followed by a nice night of snuggling watching something comedic or sci-fi-ic with maybe a bit of making out/mind blowing sex thrown in for good measure. Followed by waking up realizing that a bit more trust has been established and feeling a tiny bit safer in calling the next day to say "when do you want to hang out again?" I have no illusions that you're going to be exactly what I want. Nor do you for me. But real, true communication and compromise are the things that lead to realizing that someone in your life might just be around for a bit longer than next week. You either get this or you don't. Ya know? Just to cover the base-ish way us humans can be, I'm short (5'6), pretty easy on the eyes, white mutt, brown hair (I'm done coloring it... for now), with weird eyes that change color depending on what shirt I wear (or don't). I will never be a greek god-type archetype, but I maintain pretty well, ranging betwixt the 135/145 lb. limits, depending on how much cycling/gym going I've done in the previous week. (well, and based on how much pizza and/or beer I've had!). And I don't have a particular "type", 'cept to say that I'd sleep with me, so I hope you feel the same about yourself. I've found that when you like a person's soul, they're about 5000% more attractive than average. That being said, I'd still like to find someone in my general age range (I do have hormones after all) but will jump that self-induced wall for right person. Well, now, I've written a novel in craigslist terms. Please don't hit me back with a "wanna fuck" or a cock shot. I've been waiting for a bit too long for that. But, if the things I've script here ring any kind of bell for you, please do say "hello". I promise I won't bite unless asked really nicely to. Peace, love.

No comments: