Monday, May 06, 2013

A comment from a serious woman

 
 
Apparently there are issues. I’m not even quoting the articles; basically, no cemetery is willing to take the corpse because it would require increased security, because there will probably be protests or vandalism. People have already “protested” in front of the funeral home that has the corpse.
I would like to know why, exactly.
Why is there increased risk of public acting-out or of stigma with this particular corpse compared with others who, in life, killed far more people? I’m as revolted and disgusted by what this piece of shit did as anyone else is, but no more revolted and disgusted by him than by, for example, the Newtown murderer of 20 little kids and several adults, who also was a corpse by the time I knew his name, but about whom I never saw any similar articles about protests against funeral homes and cemeteries. I remember no similar uproar when Timothy McVeigh, murderer of 168 souls, was executed and his body presumably handled by someone since I doubt it vanished into thin air. And I suspect we’ll not even see similar articles when the Fort Hood “Allahu Akbar!” murderer of 13 military service-people, Nidal Hasan, dies and needs burying, or when any other screeching psychopath who has killed and maimed innocent people in grotesque ways dies and needs burying.
So I just want to understand why this guy’s corpse is so different from the corpses of other mass murderers, even other terrorists. Where do we usually bury murderers in the U.S.? Why is it such a big deal with this particular one?
Honest questions. I’m genuinely baffled by what gets people interested and/or outraged and what doesn’t. The selectivity is astonishing, and honestly, it just seems really, deeply stupid.
For the record, if it were up to me what would be done with this maggot’s remains, I’d burn him up and toss the bucket of ashes in a landfill. I couldn’t possibly care less what happens to this corpse. I just think it’s dumb that people are acting out about it, or that the news media is sensationalizing whatever acting out is going on, when we don’t collectively give a flying shit about the disposal of any other murderer’s corpsemeat. My point is that it just seems like another opportunity for people to engage in that creepy display of public outrage or grief or whatever they call it, but which really just seems like a diversion from things that, in fact, matter.
Like how this particular homicidal maniac and his family were handed many thousands of dollars in American taxpayer money while plotting jihad. Or why and how the entire mainstream press is blatantly downplaying the Islam angle to this crime, and what that says about our society and its future. Or, how about those Benghazi whistleblowers, right? Or how about any number of other things that an adult citizen should care a whole goddamn lot more about than where a dead body spends the next few years turning to dust.

No comments: